Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Digging Out

Nope we are not speaking of the recent snow storm.  No at the Eckhoff house we are digging out from under our years of consumerism.  We have been a family for almost 13 years now and boy have we collected ALOT!!!!  Add in the six kids and it is like armageddon of stuff around here.  I have made the decesion as head huha of this household to downsize.  We do not need lots just enough to get us by.  No one in this house needs 30 shirts...for pitys sake that would be 240 shirts alone in this house.  I do laundry for everyone at least once a week so I see no need to have 20 or more outfits.  Not to mention when you have a smaller number of choices it makes getting dressed so much easier.  I started with my closet.  It is better but I am not satisfied with the progress I need to get serious about cutting...no more I might need this someday...no I need to get tough with myself!!! So this is a journey I am hoping to see major progress by the end of this week.  I also hope to see maintanence for the rest of our lives.  No more shopping for fun.  If we don't need it we won't buy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment